Skip to main content

Top 10 Songs

I've been thinking of doing a post of my my Top 10 favourite songs for ages and I finally got round to it! lol. It wasn't really an easy task to narrow it down because I like a lot of songs but I decided on the list in the end. So here they are. :)

Update 12/9/18: Had to replace a couple of these videos because they'd been deleted.


1. Mariah Carey- Honey

This is my favourite Mariah song. :) It was the first single from her 1997 album Butterfly. I included Honey in my Top 10 Mariah Songs post which you can read here: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2013/01/top-10-mariah-carey-songs.html



                                    





2. Mariah Carey- Heartbreaker (Remix) feat. Da Brat and Missy Elliot

This is the remix to Heartbreaker and while I like the original, the remix is my favourite. It's featured on both the Rainbow album (1999) and The Remixes (2003). I also included this song in my Mariah Top 10 (No 2).



                                   



3.  Sarah Connor- The Loving Permission

The Loving Permission is my favourite song by German singer Sarah Connor. You can find it on her second album Unbelievable, which came out in 2001.





                                     


4. Koda Kumi- feel

Koda Kumi is my fave Japanese singer. I chose feel as the No 1 song on the Top 10 Koda Kumi Songs list I posted in June. It's from her BEST~second session~ album (2006) and was released as a single on 11th January 2006 as part of her 12 Singles Project (where she released one single every week for 12 weeks).

feel is one of a series of interlinked videos in which 3 men tell stories about the women in their lives. Kumi plays each of the women. The others are You, Lies and the final one Someday, which ties all the videos together.



                                         

This is the official AVEX upload but since they don't tend to post full videos, I've also linked to the full version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu4fX_-m3Rs




5.Utada Hikaru- Let Me Give You My Love

I really like Let Me Give You My Love by Japanese American singer Utada Hikaru.  It's on her first English language album (under the Island Def Jam record label) Exodus (2004).






6. LL Cool J- Doin' It feat. LeShaun

Along with Ja Rule (see below) LL Cool J is one of my favourite rappers. He's had a long career (30 years, as long as I've been alive! lol). Doin' It came out in 1996 but I think I first heard it in about 1998. I really wanted to get the single but had trouble finding it. In the end I got it as an import from HMV. (This was before the days of iTunes and iPods, lol).

Doin' It is from LL's 6th studio album Mr. Smith (his real name is James Todd Smith) and contains a sample of Grace Jones' My Jamaican Guy. I think there was a remix on the CD single where you could hear "My Jamaican Guy" sung in the background.

Please note that this is the explicit version.


                                  




7. CoCo Lee- Do You Want My Love

This is my fave song by Chinese American singer CoCo Lee. It's from her first full length English album Just No Other Way (2000) and also appears on 1994-2008 Best Collection. There are two versions though, with slightly different lyrics.




                                                                   




8.  Jennifer Lopez- If You Had My Love

I featured If You Had My Love as No 1 on my Top 10 Jennifer Lopez Songs post which you can read here: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-jennifer-lopez-songs.html#more

It was Jennifer's debut single from her debut album On The 6 (1999) and was released in June 1999.



                                 



9.  Jennifer Lopez feat. Ja Rule- I'm Real Remix

My second favourite J.Lo song and No 2 on my Top 10 list. This is the remix of the original song I'm Real and it features Ja Rule. I actually prefer this to the original I'm Real, although I like that as well. The song came out in 2001. It wasn't on the original version of the J.Lo album but is included on the second release with extra tracks and is also on J To Tha L-O! The Remixes (2002).



                                     



10. Ja Rule- Livin' It Up feat. Case

The other rapper I like. :) Livin' It Up is from his third album Pain Is Love and was released in 2001.





Hope you like the list! What makes your Top 10? :)



P.S. I'm having some trouble with videos loading. Updating the posts seems to help but sometimes I have to refresh as well. I'm not sure if it's my computer but if the videos won't load for you, try refreshing/reloading the page. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25th Anniversary of Mariah Carey's Butterfly Album

My favourite singer Mariah Carey recently released a 25th anniversary edition of her 6th studio album Butterfly. The original album was released on 16th September 1997 and featured songs such as her hit single Honey, The Roof and My All. It was actually the first album I ever bought (on cassette tape, lol) and I still consider it one of my fave MC albums. :) Butterfly was the first album that Mariah had more control over and it is R'n'B, rather than the pop (and later pop/R'n'B) of her previous releases. It also has pop and hip hop influences.  The expanded edition contain 8 extra tracks (the original standard edition has 12)- a duet version of Whenever You Call with Brian McKnight , a new take on The Roof featuring Brandy , live versions of Butterfly and My All, acapella versions of Fourth of July and Outside, an Amorphous Anniversary Club Mix of Butterfly (with DJ Amorphous ) and a remix of Honey (Another Taste of Honey David Morales Mix). I had previously heard the

New J.Lo and JoJo Music

Two singers I like, Jennifer Lopez and JoJo have new music out, so today I'm sharing it on the blog! Jennifer Lopez- Baila Conmigo First up is Jennifer Lopez, whose new song is the Spanish language Baila Conmigo (Dance with Me). It's a cover of the 2018 single by Dayvi featuring Kelly Ruiz . Watch the video with the original mix here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZM52M6cfSA Baila Conmigo (J.Lo version) came out on 10th October. This is an audio but if there's a music video later, I'll update the post. :) Want more J.Lo? Check out these posts: Spanish language songs: Dame Lyrics and Translation: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2016/04/jennifer-lopez-dame-lyrics-and.html Video for Amor, Amor, Amor: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2017/11/weekly-music-video_15.html Spanish song Al Anillo and Dinero:  https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2018/05/new-jennifer-lopez-music.html 50th bday post: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2019/07/happy-50th-b

Debut XG Mini Album

Japanese girl group XG have released their 1st mini album. It's called NEW DNA and was released on 27th September. XG (whose name is short for Xtraordinary Girls) made their debut in March last year and have brought out 7 singles so far- Tippy Toes, MASCARA, LEFT RIGHT/SHOOTING STAR double single), GVRL GANG , TGIF, NEW DANCE and PUPPET SHOW. The first 3 songs (or 4 including the double single) aren't on the mini album. The concept behind NEW DNA is that of being a "new species" free from conventions and limitations .  Although the group is Japanese, their creation was inspired by Korean music and they are based in South Korea. They have released songs in English so far and have been described as a global group and "X-pop". NEW DNA consists of 6 tracks- HESONO, X-GENE, GVRL GANG, TGIF, NEW DANCE and PUPPET SHOW. It is an R'n'B/pop mini album with influences from other genres, such as K-pop, dance and hip hop. My favourite song is PUPPET SHOW. I al