Skip to main content

Debut LANY Album

American band LANY released their debut  self titled album on 30th June. It contains 16 songs, including singles Good Girls, It Was Love, The Breakup and 13. I don't tend to be that into indie/alternative music (I'm a fan of BANKS but her music is more alternative R'n'B) but I discovered LANY last summer and liked their song yea, babe, no way. It's good to try different styles of music. (And their music is still kind of poppy anyway! lol It's described as "dream pop"). Since then I've listened to other singles and liked them.

I think LANY is quite a good album. It's probably not one that I would buy as a whole album but I'll definitely get some individual songs. I've already bought The Breakup on iTunes and will probably get a couple of the albums. The album has a nice chilled vibe, which is good for this time of year. It also seems to have a California type vibe, which is fitting since half of the band's name stands for LA! (The other half is New York). My favourite songs are The Breakup, Pancakes, (gonna buy that today in fact), Dumb Stuff and Hurts and I also like the other singles mentioned above.

Here are the singles previously posted on the blog:


Good Girls: http://starsparklex.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/weekly-music-video_15.html

It Was Love: http://starsparklex.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/weekly-music-video_26.html

The Breakup: http://starsparklex.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/weekly-music-video_24.html

13: http://starsparklex.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/weekly-music-video.html


Also there's now a video for Good Girls which was uploaded to YouTube the other week:







If any official audios or videos appear for my other faves then I'll update the post. :) (There are a couple of unofficial videos for Pancakes but there's no sound, so I suspect the audio has been disabled because of copyright!).


Update 12/7/17: As of today there are more official audios uploaded.

Here is Pancakes (which I've now bought):


Dumb Stuff:


And Hurts:





Listen to the full album on Spotify: LANY Spotify



Do you like LANY?  (Both album and band).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25th Anniversary of Mariah Carey's Butterfly Album

My favourite singer Mariah Carey recently released a 25th anniversary edition of her 6th studio album Butterfly. The original album was released on 16th September 1997 and featured songs such as her hit single Honey, The Roof and My All. It was actually the first album I ever bought (on cassette tape, lol) and I still consider it one of my fave MC albums. :) Butterfly was the first album that Mariah had more control over and it is R'n'B, rather than the pop (and later pop/R'n'B) of her previous releases. It also has pop and hip hop influences.  The expanded edition contain 8 extra tracks (the original standard edition has 12)- a duet version of Whenever You Call with Brian McKnight , a new take on The Roof featuring Brandy , live versions of Butterfly and My All, acapella versions of Fourth of July and Outside, an Amorphous Anniversary Club Mix of Butterfly (with DJ Amorphous ) and a remix of Honey (Another Taste of Honey David Morales Mix). I had previously heard the

New J.Lo and JoJo Music

Two singers I like, Jennifer Lopez and JoJo have new music out, so today I'm sharing it on the blog! Jennifer Lopez- Baila Conmigo First up is Jennifer Lopez, whose new song is the Spanish language Baila Conmigo (Dance with Me). It's a cover of the 2018 single by Dayvi featuring Kelly Ruiz . Watch the video with the original mix here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZM52M6cfSA Baila Conmigo (J.Lo version) came out on 10th October. This is an audio but if there's a music video later, I'll update the post. :) Want more J.Lo? Check out these posts: Spanish language songs: Dame Lyrics and Translation: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2016/04/jennifer-lopez-dame-lyrics-and.html Video for Amor, Amor, Amor: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2017/11/weekly-music-video_15.html Spanish song Al Anillo and Dinero:  https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2018/05/new-jennifer-lopez-music.html 50th bday post: https://starsparklex.blogspot.com/2019/07/happy-50th-b

Debut XG Mini Album

Japanese girl group XG have released their 1st mini album. It's called NEW DNA and was released on 27th September. XG (whose name is short for Xtraordinary Girls) made their debut in March last year and have brought out 7 singles so far- Tippy Toes, MASCARA, LEFT RIGHT/SHOOTING STAR double single), GVRL GANG , TGIF, NEW DANCE and PUPPET SHOW. The first 3 songs (or 4 including the double single) aren't on the mini album. The concept behind NEW DNA is that of being a "new species" free from conventions and limitations .  Although the group is Japanese, their creation was inspired by Korean music and they are based in South Korea. They have released songs in English so far and have been described as a global group and "X-pop". NEW DNA consists of 6 tracks- HESONO, X-GENE, GVRL GANG, TGIF, NEW DANCE and PUPPET SHOW. It is an R'n'B/pop mini album with influences from other genres, such as K-pop, dance and hip hop. My favourite song is PUPPET SHOW. I al